Friday, January 7, 2011

Faith

It is fast approaching 2 years to the time I first felt the symptoms of GBS begin in my legs.  My youngest son, Owen still prays every day, "bless Mom to get better from Guillain-Barre."

Honestly, I am still improving, after almost 2 years. I still take neurontin, still have tingliness in my hands, feet and the tip of my tongue, and no deep tendon reflexes. But I do feel stronger. There are improvements in my coordination and speed. I feel so blessed to have continuing improvement.

Thanks, Owen, and friends and family, for your faith and hope, love and prayers. I know the Lord blesses each of us with different things and in various ways to help us to learn and grow. I was not miraculously, suddenly, perfectly healed. But I have felt the loving care of my Father in Heaven and the goodness of Jesus Christ in my daily living. I am grateful for my faith. It is a gift. I feel so blessed.

No comments: