Monday, January 17, 2011

90%, this brisk hike proves it!

We hiked part of Mt. Diablo, behind my brother-in-law's house (!, I know!, isn't that so cool?!), and took this awesome trail to a waterfall, that I didn't really get a good photo of as I was busy gazing at it amazedly. David (my brother-in-law) led us (Wade was in California for a conference, I just had to join him for a few days!) on a fast-paced, interesting and beautiful 2 1/2 hour hike. As I proceeded to hike along, I wondered if it would zap my strength for days, or what. But instead I felt invigorated, energetic and should have jumped for joy to realize the progress this one event indicated.

Decidedly, the outdoors is where it's at for physical activity that is enjoyable and with enough distraction to keep me interested. My muscles felt a little stiff for a day or two, but in a good way. Awesome workout, amazing trail, and a totally fun hike. Hurray for progress!

No comments: