Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Time to see the doctor

I have a really nice family doctor. He saw me for a check-up, then a month later saw me in a follow up visit to my first hospital stay, sending me straight to the neurologist who eventually diagnosed GBS.

It was time for a check-up again this month and again, I was impressed that I have such a caring doctor. He asked many questions to make sure that during my relatively slow recovery that I am keeping my spirits up. He is a civilian doctor at the Air Force Base Hospital where I live. I'm glad he chose to work there.

We rely so much on competent doctors to help with our health concerns. As far as Health Care Reform goes, I just hope that it is clear that we need good, smart doctors and we need to compensate them fairly. What smart, caring person would decide to go to medical school if they know they will be poorly paid and have little decision making power in their practice when they graduate? Just something to think about.

image from digital-scrapbook-kits.com

No comments: