Friday, November 27, 2009

Month of Gratitude!

Did I really not post anything for over a month?! One thing that should have made it here was a photo of myself asleep at the computer along with an explanation of how that happens now and then (I put it on my personal journal blog instead). That would not have happened in my life before GBS. I guess not posting could mean that things are progressing, life is busier with normal stuff.

Truly, though, I never forget that I'm recovering from something big (at least big for me!). I am grateful to be recovering--this is a blessing. Life is slower and more careful. And you know, there is a lot of good in that. I appreciate the view from my bed (the best reclining place of rest for me in the house) so much. Instead of a window, I get to look out a full patio sliding glass door past a normal balcony into a big backyard with trees and grass. Anytime of year it's interesting and a great view. Most of the year there are times of the day to go out and sit on the balcony and rest, read or watch the kids play in the yard. Today there was plenty of bright sunlight to be seen and felt. This is one of the many things I am grateful for.

Gratitude is endless for my family and the love and patience they show me. The kids really do help more (hint, hint), and they keep me supplied with soft stuffed animal companions on loan to sooth my tingly hands (note the hamster in my hands!). Wade is tired for having so many additional tasks to do around the house yet he remains loving and sweet. I constantly wish I was doing more and watching or sleeping less, but I am glad to be able to do more all the time. Yep, there is so much I am thankful for!
(photo is Mae soothing me as I rested between things on Thanksgiving Day, 2009 in Nashville)

No comments: